Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Typical DC Night

The suitcases are packed. There is an incredible sense of finality that comes with closing a suitcase -- especially if it closes on about 20 of your favorite books, some cool tank tops, hundreds of dollars of medical supplies and about 6 months of your life. Now I understand why I procrastinated so long.

Since I have finished the actual act of packing my suitcases (I've been in preparatory/purchasing mode for over a month), I feel as though I can really relax and enjoy my time left in DC. Granted, I've only got about 30 hours to play now but I'm sure it'll be great. Actually, I'm off to a good start.

Tonight we went to McFaddan's. I'd never been before, but heard it's a cool place to hang. To give you an idea, it's a true DC scene: All the preppies come out to play (pink popped collars and all) while the DJ rocks some rap and hip hop. For whatever reason, perhaps because everyone's still home for Christmas holidays or perhaps because of random coincidence, I saw many friends from elementary school, middle school, high school and college. People I haven't seen in over 5 years, in some cases, were just chilling out and having $1 drafts at a Foggy Bottom bar tonight.

On a quiet evening such as this, all the reasons why I love DC and would never want to leave become apparent.

No comments: