Friday, July 06, 2007

visitors and septic

The quad is exploding with visitors, this time mostly female. Actually, I am going into a bit of a shock because my Haiti experience has been, to date, amidst a bevy of boys. Now there's me, Paige, Dee, Jamie, Angie, Erin, and Kelly. What the HECK?! I know... it's weird. I don't think Fr. Charlie knows what to do.

Yesterday I went to the Uruguayan UN base and begged them to come pump the kids poops again. Lt. Colonel Talagorria agree happily. They are there today, pumping away in the heat.

Fr. Bal, our 83-year-old master carpenter, is leaving us now for good. He's finally retiring. We'll do a little goodbye for him today -- surprise, last minute.

More exciting stories about our adventures to come!

1 comment:

Kate Augusta said...

Hi Portia! I so look forward to meeting you. Andy has told me so much. I spent a month there last year, and will be hanging out in Haiti this summer. I am glad there are girls around this time!! Fun! Looking forward to meeting you on July 16.

Kate B