Monday, March 26, 2007

double joy

This is Jean Berto. He and his twin brother Berto are my shadows (as if one wasn’t awesome enough) – I can’t wake without seeing one of them outside my window. Aside from providing me with all sorts of interesting information about virtually anything (agriculture, jewelry, what I should wear, where my other friends are), they always make pleasant companions. Dino calls them my security detail. I think they are more like little brothers. While, at times, these kids' dedication and affection can become overwhelming, spending time them makes sense out of the work here. On Easter, I am privileged to begin a greater role in a couple Espwa kids' lives. Lovince, 11-years-old, and Chupy, 17-years-old, will be baptized and have asked me to be their god-mother.

No comments: