Wednesday, June 13, 2007

bye bye bros... and stuff

Is it strange to have a "clique" of friends that consists primarily of family members? Faces and names in the periphery change slightly from year to year but the ever-constant, related core remains the same? Perhaps it's odd, un-American (I hear it's a more a Latin sort of thing), out of vogue or what have you. Cool or not, that's the way it is in my family...Though I feel I must return to Haiti - even WANT to return to Haiti (this shocks some people, I know) - I will desperately miss this trio. One brother will move to the Left Coast this August, another to Europe and, as I'm off to the Caribbean again, it's clear that we all must and will go our own ways. But still, it's too fun to pretend that if I stayed in the District, time would stand still and we'd continue our time together.
Thursday it's back to Haiti. No more salads, no more cool evenings, no more hanging with the brothers.

It's tragic, growing up.

No comments: